Investing in Social Justice Fund for Ventura County
When you donate to the Social Justice Fund for Ventura County (SJF), you are investing in people and their capacity to create the kinds of changes that will make this community stronger.
Here are some of the many reasons to invest in us:
- You care about the principles of fairness, equal treatment, human rights and giving a voice to all people.
- You want to encourage those people who have been systematically denied a voice a chance to get involved in the community.
- You want to have greater impact with your charitable dollars by pooling your donation with other donations through SJF.
- You can help SJF grant important financial support to grassroots community groups. Our approach allows you to assist many different social change causes – human rights, the environment, economic justice, racial justice and women’s rights – all with a single gift.
Gifts to SJF can be paid at the time of your gift or pledged for a period of time. You can make a pledge online or print our 2017 pledge form and mail it to us (address is on the form).
Gifts of all sizes are welcomed and appreciated by the Social Justice Fund for Ventura County (SJF). All donors:
- Receive news emails about the activities of the SJFVC campaigns, its grantees and members.
- Are invited to our annual celebration to meet the grantees and learn about social justice in our community.
Making an annual investment or pledge of $500 or more entitles you to a number of benefits:
- You are eligible to be a participant in the grant process and help select SJFVC grantees, including conversations with applicants as well as possible site visits where you meet the organizations, activists and community members to whom we grant.
- You are eligible to participate in the governance of SJFVC. By participating on committees and collaboratively charting our future, you ensure that SJFVC remains member driven.
*Gifts to SJFVC may be made at any time. However, if you wish to participate in the annual grant-making program, your gift or pledge form must be received by December 31 of each year for involvement in the next year’s grants cycle. Pledges must be accompanied by a minimum of $100 and the balance must be paid by April 1 of the following year.
Ways to Invest
Some Ways to Invest in Social Change*
- Become a sustaining supporter: A small donation of as little as $10 a month (or any amount) can make a tremendous difference.
- Make a cash contribution: with a check, credit card or by electronic funds transfer from your bank. .
- Contribute online: Our secure gift service offers a quick, convenient and safe method for making a contribution using your credit card. Click the Donate button.
- Give a gift of stock or other securities: You may claim a tax deduction for the full market value of appreciated stock, bonds and other kinds of securities.
- Check out whether you have an employee matching gift program: Many employers will match charitable donations made by their employees. The Social Justice Fund for Ventura County (SJF) is an eligible charitable activity for matching gifts.
- Consider planned giving: Name the Social Justice Fund for Ventura County c/o Ventura County Community Foundation in your will or trust.
- Other ways to give: corporate sponsorship of SJF’s annual events; contribution of a life insurance policy; establishment of a charitable trust; donation of real estate or personal property; or taking advantage of the sale of a company.
We can work with you to facilitate any of the above transactions. firstname.lastname@example.org
*Gifts to SJF are eligible for charitable deductions (we are a 501(c)3).