Nearly 200 people attended the 100% Summit to learn how east and west Ventura County are growing dramatically farther apart from each other in income and social inequities. Experts described the demographic data showing the glaring disparities in Ventura County. (The four main presentations can be downloaded below.)
The all-day conference was held at the Camarillo Methodist Church on January 27, 2012. Collaborating with the Social Justice Fund for Ventura County were:
- California Lutheran University’s Center for Equality and Justice and Center for Leadership and Values
- California State University Channel Islands’s Center for Multicultural Engagement
- Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy (CAUSE)
- the McCune Foundation and
- VCCF’s Center for Nonprofit Leadership.
Join the ongoing conversation about “The 100% Summit” on its Facebook page.
Download the program and speaker bios as a Word doc here.
- Keynote Address: Maricela Morales, CAUSE
- Investing in Our Children by Dr. Jamshid Damooei, California Lutheran University
- Issues Concerning the Homeless Community by Cathy Brudnicki, Ventura County Homeless & Housing Coalition
- Ventura County’s Working Poor by Dr. Jose Alamillo, California State University Channel Islands
An article about the event which appeared in the Jan 28. 2012 Ventura County Star can be seen here.
KCLU’s Lance Orozco aired a piece about the Summit on Monday, January 30, 2012. It can be played online or downloaded here.